Here’s the list of activities that I completed in February. Thanks to Farm Sanctuary’s Action Alerts and Updates, my outreach was very easy, with minimal time and effort required. Take a look at the website and the issues below and if one stands out, please take action now!
- Urged the USDA to protect downed pigs and other animals. Take action now.
- Email to Smithfield urging them to keep its promise of no more gestation crates through the Farm Sanctuary website. Take action now.
- Email to University of Mississippi Medial Center urging them to stop abusing pigs in student labs (through the Farm Sanctuary website). Take action now.
- Signed a petition against a USDA recently allowing companies to put a “naturally raised” label on meat and meat products that come from animals whose upbringing was far from natural. Take action now.
- Email to my U.S. Representative to take action on my behalf and ask S. Ward Casscells, M.D., Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, to end the use of animals in combat trauma training (through the Farm Sanctuary website). Take action now.
- Email to support the Prevention of Farm Animal Cruelty Act (HR4733). Through the Farm Sanctuary website. Take action now.